Need Ideas for having Fun in the Bush?
Want to learn more?
The following ideas and information give young people the chance to discover their natural and cultural environment through a range of practical and fun activities. Click on the links below to find out about:
- The Junior Ranger Program
- Free guided walks and talks with our Park Rangers - the Territory Parks Alive program runs every year between May and September.
- Nature Notes (fun, printable info sheets and puzzles on animals and plants of the NT).
- Discovering the Outdoors (printable activity sheets to have a go at building some nature skills!)
- Junior Ranger Reviews (a blast from the past with these environmental magazines, filled with great information, quiz games and puzzles about the Territory's unique plants, animals and environment)
- Colouring-in a range of NT wildlife
Still want more?
How about heading out to our amazing Parks, Gardens and Reserves? There are activities to do out there too!
- Find out about desert wildlife, habitats and plants at the Alice Springs Desert Park - they have some Nature Notes too and a page wtih some Desert activities. They also have guided activities and an amazing bird show each day.
- Go for a walk through the George Brown Darwin Botanic Gardens - they have a fantastic themed Children's Playground, and some great self-guided walks with printable information for you to take with you!
- Check out the interactive displays at the Window on the Wetlands Visitor Centre before taking a walk around - try and complete this activity sheet as you go!
- The Territory Wildlife Park has a daily program that lets visitors interact and learn with their guides and zookeepers - click here for their time table.
- There's plenty of things to see and do on our Parks - for more information, find a Park near you and see what else there is on offer!
|This Adobe PDF document may require a newer version of Adobe Reader than you are currently using. Click here to download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.|